Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Year in Review

The great thing about blogging is you can look back over the year and see all the big events and challenges that you’ve faced…it’s like writing a journal, except for all to read.

So, what happened in the life of Jessica during 2009??

January

I started training for my first marathon

February

I majorly doubted my ability to run said marathon

March

I ran my longest run ever - 14 miles!

I successfully ran 18 miles

I participated in the Heart Mini-Marathon in cold, windy, rainy weather!

April

I couldn't finish my 20 mile run due to IT Band Syndrome, which put a major kink into my marathon training!

I started physical therapy to try to get better enough to finish the marathon I had been training 4 months for!

May

I completed the Flying Pig Marathon - even while dealing with incredibly pain from IT Band Syndrome

I entered the NYC marathon lottery, but didn't end up getting in (which honestly didn't upset me much given all the things I did over the summer!)

I led a service project for my church as part of GO Cincinnati

I got my road bike fitted and I started contemplating the possibility of doing an Ironman

June

Eric and I rode in Ride Cincinnati - even with a broken spoke that Eric rigged up for me!

We went hiking at Hocking Hills

I signed up for my first Half Ironman!

I went to Vegas for my friend Cindy's bachelorette party

July

I completed my first Olympic Distance triathlon

I completed the Fit to Fight sprint triathlon - my first triathlon with a pool swim (crazy!)

My family went on vacation to Damascus, VA for some hiking with the dogs in tow (more vacation)

Eric and I rode the Annie Oakley ride, and we got lost on the way AND my spoke broke for the second time this summer!

I took my first ice bath on my 26th birthday

Eric got me an indoor trainer for my birthday!

August

Cindy and Kevin got married

I contemplated Ironman Louisville

I moved in to my new office at the high school

I completed Tri Indy (Oly distance) and had my first brush with road rash (not fun!)

Eric and I rode the Wright Wride

I completed a HALF IRONMAN- And registered for Ironman Louisville! (all in one day)

We did the Tour de Donut with Bill and Jennie and then Eric and I did our first Century Ride (all in one weekend!)

October

I went fishing with Eric and his family (and found out Brooke and Jess were pregnant..all in one day!)

I took Eric up to Chicago for his birthday present

I signed up for marathon #2 - Mercedes Benz Marathon

November

My mom and I completed the Indianapolis Monumental Half Marathon

Eric and I went to a Colts game with my parents (and Eric even sported a Colts jersey!)

I got fitted for a tri-bike and ordered a beautiful Trek 9.8 TTX Equinox (which should be arriving in early 2010)

December

Keifer and I celebrated Christmas with the family in Indy

Overall, I feel very accomplished for 2009.  I had a lot of firsts:

  • First marathon
  • First Olympic Distance Triathlon
  • First Half Ironman Triathlon
  • Signed up for first Ironman
  • First Century Ride
  • First real office at work

I’m pretty proud of myself!

Here’s hoping that 2010 is full of more firsts and accomplishments!

No comments: