Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Good News!, a Run, and Fishing!!

Congrats to Brooke and Erik on their great news!  I’m going to be “Aunt” Fuhrman come April 2010!  I’m so excited for them!

This morning I got up for my long run of the week.  I had 9 miles on the training plan, which ended up being a 8.4 mile run.  I’ve been going with the trend of going about .5 miles less than what my training plan calls for….and I’m ok with that  I averaged under 10 minute miles, which is great for me!  Next week is a 10 mile run, but I’m planning on splitting it up between two days since I’m going to be out of town.

Yesterday I went fishing for the first time…maybe ever…but if anything, in a long time!  Unfortunately the fish weren’t biting, but it was fun, nonetheless.  The fishers included Eric, myself, Eric’s sister Jess, Eric’s mom, Eric’s dad, and Eric’s mom’s friend.  We arrived in the afternoon and sat at the edge of beautiful Lake Cowan.

DSCN1164

DSCN1158

I may have snuck a beer or two in my sleeve.

DSCN1162

Then we had sandwiches while fishing.

DSCN1174

Eric was put in charge of getting my pole ready, since I had no idea what I was doing…

DSCN1159

Eric is a fishing pro…haha.

DSCN1169

Required couple shot…Take 1:

DSCN1170

And Take 2:

DSCN1171

And necessary siblings shot…Take 1:

DSCN1172

and Take 2:

DSCN1173

Like I said…the fish weren’t biting, so I caught nothing.  I would definitely go fishing again, though!  It was super relaxing and it’s close enough to camping that it kind of made me feel like I was. 

Now I’m sitting around watching some football.  The Colts won (woo whoo)! The Bengals game is like the game that never ends.  It’s currently in OT and I’m just waiting for someone to win the game so I can go to the grocery store.  I’ve got laundry going and Keifer is busily chewing on his “everlasting gobstopper”.  My mom is coming tomorrow!

Oh, and I accidently let our secret destination slip to Eric about 10 minutes after I wrote that last post.  I am an idiot.  So…we are headed to Chicago next weekend for some Chicago fun!  It should be a great time, PLUS I get to see the new mom-to-be!  Perfect timing :).

No comments: