I’ve been M.I.A. for a few days…I was busy during the week and then the sickness came over me and I’ve been a complete bum all weekend. No running and I’ve basically never moved off of Eric’s couch. My throat is really scratchy and my nose is stuffed up. Not fun. It’s given me a good excuse to watch a lot of online tv.
Wednesday Keifer had to have surgery on some growths in his armpit area. The vet thinks they are just warts, but she wanted to send them to the lab just in case. He had a teeth cleaned while he was out and boy, does his breath smell incredibly better!
Here was Keifer, post-op:
He was not happy with me at this moment…or all day for that matter. He was really scared when we got to the vet….I think he associates it with getting things stuck up his butt. Now he will associate it with getting his arms shaved and having stitches put in his armpit. Or maybe he will associate it with clean teeth and fresh breath???
The surgery was on Wednesday, and I wasn’t really planning on leaving Keifer at the vet all day, which completely threw the day’s plans for a loop. Eric had taken the day off since I had the day off and we were going to go to see a movie and get some dinner. We still did the movie, A Christmas Carol, in 3-D and IMAX…pretty good. Instead of dinner we did lunch at The Cheesecake Factory and went car window-shopping! I’m thinking about getting a new car come next summer, and I’ve been eyeing on of these bad boys…
A Honda Element
They’re so ugly that I love them. And it would be incredibly useful for me. I finally got to see inside of one for the first time and it is awesome! The seats in the back fold down all the way to make a “bed” and then they flip up against the wall of the car so you have a big open back area. The dogs could go back there and not be on the seats, bikes could go back there and be safely stored inside my car instead of on a bike rack for all to see and steal! The possibilities are endless. I’m just sayin’, it’s pretty awesome.
Moral of the story…I need to save money. But before I start saving money for my car…I need to spend my currently saved money for my bicycle. Which leads me to the most exciting part of my week….
My Tri-Bike Fitting!!!
I headed to the bike store Friday after work for my comprehensive tri-bike fitting. They recently got the “Fit System” in their store, which they’ve had in their sister store, but I don’t particularly like the sister store. I had the fitting with the store manager who I’ve met before and who has done multiple Ironmans. I felt like I was in good hands. The fit system is a “bike” that you can change a bunch of measurements to, which is hooked up to a computrainer in order to find the best angles to produce the most power. It was pretty fun and I worked up a sweat with all the riding they had me doing!
Anyways, after I complete the fitting, they plug the numbers in and see what size bike I need with various makes. We started with Trek and my measurements came within a milimeter of a 54 cm Equinox TTX 9.8 SSL WSD Trek bike. The guy was pretty amazed I was that close.
I was a little skeptical because the 9.8 WSD is a pretty pricey bike. But no worries…Trek just put the Equinox up on the Project One website, which means you can customize the bike to your liking (including colors!), which can drastically add or take away from the price. We played around on the website while I was at the store and knocked off almost $2,000 from the bike! Just by changing the tires to the lowest-end tires, since I already have decent racing tires due to my broken spoke debacle this past summer, knocked over $1,000 off this thing!
I was sent on my merry way from the bike store, being told to play around on the website and figure out what I want. I did just that and ended up with this bad boy…
I’m going in either today or tomorrow to finalize my purchase. It takes about 30 days for Trek to make and deliver the bike to the store, and then they will make all the necessary changes based on my personal measurements that they already have the information for. And then I pick up my bike around Christmas-time, ready for me to ride!
It’s a nice bike, and I’m super excited to own it. It’s completely carbon which means it’s going to be a smooth ride. I’ve been saving up for this thing for months now…and it’s time to take the plunge!
But for now, I’m back to my bumming and nursing my cold. I have a jug of Sunny D that I’ve been drinking all weekend and ice cream is about the only thing that soothes my throat. Lucky for me, UDF came out with its peppermint stick ice cream, so I am thoroughly enjoying that!
1 comment:
You're pup is SO cute! Poor guy. Hope he's recovering well. The Element looks like it can house your bike well. Gotta love those bike fittings!
Post a Comment