Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Getting Lazy

Running has been non-existent so far this week.  The good news – I’m over my sickness from the weekend.  I think I just needed a little R&R.  The bad news – I was lazy on Monday and decided not to run (mostly because I was order my new bike :)!!!) and then yesterday I got dressed to go run and take Keifer with me, and it started pouring down rain.  There is nothing worse than a wet, smelly dog, so I turned back towards home before it got too bad and then I just lost all motivation due to the rain.  So….we’ll try again this afternoon.

I really need to get the running back up.  I’m going to try to squeeze in a run today and tomorrow so I’m ready for my long run on Saturday, which I believe is supposed to be 8 miles.  I may drop it down to 6 since I didn’t run this past weekend. 

So like I said, I went to the bike store to order my new bike on Monday.  There were some minor technical difficulties with my chosen colors, but the store said they would work that out with Trek.  I forked over a down-payment and I haven’t heard back from them yet, so I’m assuming they got the color issue worked out.  I’m planning on calling today or tomorrow just to check.  In approximately 30 days I should have a new bike!!!

I’m hoping we have unseasonably warm temps whenever that weekend is so I can head out for a spin!

I’m going on Day #4 of having both dogs at my apartment.  This apartment is just not big enough for the three of us (it’s starting to become too small for just Keifer and I, even).  Eric gets back late tonight, so tomorrow I will have a remedy to my problem.  It has been nice to have two warm dog bodies in bed with me at night, I suppose.  And they can be cute when they aren’t barking at me all evening!

No comments: