I went on my first run in over a week yesterday. Call me lazy…but I blame the endless amount of rain we’ve had over the past week! It finally cleared up enough to get a run in. I ran 3.1 miles and averaged about 9:50/mile. I’m trying a new walk/run interval – I run until my Garmin goes off indicated each mile that ticks by, and then I walk for a minute. Repeat. It went pretty well for the short 3 miles that I ran. No knee pains….the walking definitely helps since I haven’t done any straight running since I starting dealing with the IT band syndrome back in April. So I’m going to try this out for a while. I’d like to run as much as possible, but I also want to be careful not to push the limit too far. And the fact that I’m going to be picking the mileage back up again makes me a little nervous. So, the 1 mile/1 minute intervals will work for now.
I’m planning to run tomorrow morning for 7-8 miles. The goal is 8 miles, but since I skipped out on my run last weekend due to my cold, I’m not going to push it if I don’t feel right.
I really need to get my butt in gear though. I’m running a marathon in February! I need to consistently be running at least 3 days per week…no less! No more excuses!
Eric’s back from his work trip to Arizona, and the dogs (and myself) couldn’t be happier! My apartment just wasn’t made for a human and two dogs. They dogs get a little stir-crazy and the rain didn’t help. As I write this the dogs are happily wrestling all over Eric’s family room…something that just really isn’t possible in my apartment. So I think the days of having both dogs stay with me are sadly over. They were making my apartment smell a lot like dog, anyways! I was burning candles from the moment I walked in the door to the moment I went to sleep. Two smelly dogs in a small, enclosed space…not good!
No comments:
Post a Comment