Yes, I’ve recently run a half-marathon…so technically all those training runs were part of training for my upcoming marathon in February 14, but this was my first “long run” post-half-marathon. I feel like I’m officially in marathon training mode now.
My goal was to get 8 miles in, and I hit that goal on the nose! I definitely had to deal with some knee pain due to just being a little rusty with all my recent laziness, but I worked through it and was able to keep with my new walk/run interval for the most part. With the whole run a mile, walk a minute intervals, I ended up doing about .93 miles of running and .7 miles walking. I felt pretty good. The walk break definitely helps with my knees…but I did get to a few points where I was in the middle of my .93 mile run interval and my knee was giving me issues, so I did a little extra walking. I still managed to keep up a good pace.
The breakdown for my miles were:
Mile 1 – 9:42
Mile 2 – 9:54
Mile 3 – 9:49
Mile 4 – 9:41
Mile 5 – 10:16
Mile 6 – 10:00
Mile 7 – 10:04
Mile 8 – 9:40
9:52/mile average pace
Not too shabby for an 8-miler! I was obviously doing really well until I hit that 5 mile mark…I’m pretty sure that’s when my knee started to give me the biggest issues and I had to throw a little extra walking in. I also had to tell myself that it was ok to slow down a bit!
After the run I showered really quick to take Keifer to his follow-up appointment from his surgery a week and a half ago. Everything’s looking good with his wounds, so the appointment took about 5 minutes.
I’ve been needing to buy new running shoes since completing the Indy Monumental Half-Marathon two weeks ago, and I received an email from a local running store that everything in the store was 20% off starting today, so I figured now was as good a time as any! I decided to go with the same shoes I have been using because I haven’t had any issues with toe rubbing, which has been an awful issue in the past. Lucky for me, the colors of the shoes have changed…so what was once blue and silver and now pink and silver! I’m not complaining.
I can’t wait to give these babies a spin! I love me some new shoes with their crisp whiteness and cushiony innards.
I’m just hanging out on the couch now, watching some O-H-I-O state football vs. Michigan. Eric and I are going to try to give blood this afternoon in order to earn a free movie pass. Hopefully my iron levels are high enough (it’s kept me from donating blood in the past). We’re also planning on running a bunch of errands to get his house ready for his family’s Christmas. Yes, Christmas is forever away, but there’s lots to do to get multiple bedrooms ready for people to stay in. It gives Eric a good excuse to take a break from shed-building and work on the interior of the house. Plus, it’s something I can actually help with, so I feel more useful.
I’ll leave you all with pictures of the dogs from the past week from my apartment…because they’re just so cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment