The run went, well, ok I guess. It was humid and I was sweeeeating. My knees started giving me grief around mile 8, which was no fun. Before the run, I headed up to Eric’s because I knew I wasn’t going to want to deal with a cranky dog all day after running 12 miles. Plus the weather is gross outside, so walks are kind of out of the question.
Once I got to Eric’s, I got my running stuff together…
Two water bottles, two Gus, and my gymboss that beeps on my run/walk intervals. I don’t know if it’s the gymboss or the generic batteries that Eric has that I used, but my gymboss pooped out on me at 1.5 hours so I had to look at my watch for my intervals. Very annoying! I’m going to have to purchase some energizers to see if that helps.
After I got myself all ready and pumped up for a 2 hour run, I headed out the door. Like I said, it was humid, but it did rain off and on, which was nice. I always forget that when I run around Eric’s house, it usually means lots of steep hills. I did a lot more walking than I had anticipated and because of my knees, I cut the run a tad bit short at the end. I was hoping to get 12 miles done in about 2 hours but actually ended up doing 11.61 miles in 2 hours, 4 minutes (10:41 min/mile). Overall, not too bad. It’s still my longest run since the marathon and it was almost a half-marathon! My knees were hurting, though, at the end and I knew an ice bath was calling my name when I got back to Eric’s.
In retrospect, I should’ve gone to the nearest gas station and bought a bag of ice. But this was my first ice bath and I wasn’t really sure how much ice I needed. I felt like Eric had tons of ice, and it would suffice. I took all the ice out of his ice trays and put it in the ice bucket.
Then I headed upstairs (followed by the dogs who both love ice cubes!) and filled up the tub with cold water. Then the ice got dumped in. I threw on some swim suit bottoms and hopped in the tub. It was cold at first, but after about a minute I was used to it already. That’s how I know I didn’t use nearly enough ice!
The dogs were pretty interested in what I was doing. They wanted to bob for ice cubes!
After a few minutes, my legs did start to feel better (or numb…who knows).
A lovely sight. Keep in mind, I just ran almost 12 miles in 100% humidity and rain…cut me a little slack for my gross appearance!
After this picture was taken, things started to get a little crazy. Keifer decided he wanted to drink out of the tub like it was his water bowl…
Both dogs started to whine (I don’t know if they wanted in or they were just confused)…
And they started to lick me if I had any amount of water on me…
By this point, I knew it was time to call it quits. I hopped out of the tub, took a shower, and here I am writing this now. I’m going to go eat some lunch and be a lazy bum until about 5:00 when I need to start getting ready for dinner at the Melting Pot! A nap will likely be thrown in at some point between now and then.
I have a 60 minute bike tomorrow (on flat ground…I’m thinking about hitting up a local bike path), so that shouldn’t be too bad, except the fact that I have to do it after work. Boo! Then Friday I finally have a rest day!!! I’m really looking forward to a day of no physical activity. My body needs it and my motivation levels need it!
I’m starving…lunch time!
No comments:
Post a Comment