Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Going to Alabama?

I think I’ve found my next “purpose”….

image

The Mercedes-Benz Marathon!

It’s my Valentine’s Day present to myself.  AND, I told Eric that as my Valentine’s Day present, he can accompany me.

The drive isn’t too bad….

image

It’s about a 7 hour, 22 minute drive.  We’ll probably leave that Friday after work, spend the night somewhere around Nashville, and then get up early Saturday and finish the drive.  Then we’ll have most of the day Saturday and all day Sunday in Birmingham (which neither of us have ever been to before).  Monday is President’s Day, so I don’t have work!  So, we can just drive back on Monday so I don’t have to take another personal day (I only have one left for the school year…so I need to use it wisely).

I’ll have to research some fun things to do in Birmingham.  Any ideas???

I’m excited.  I still haven’t officially signed up yet, but I’m going to do that this weekend I believe.  It’s only $65 right now, which isn’t too bad for a marathon.  I’ve seen the finisher’s medals and they are pretty fun – in the shape of a Mercedes hood ornament.

I don’t have any big goals for this marathon…just to finish under 5 hours and run more than I did my first one.  As long as I can keep my knee in good shape, that shouldn’t be too difficult to accomplish.

In other news….HAPPY HALLOWEEN!  I’m excited for the trick or treaters…and it looks like the rain is gone for the day.  Eric and I are going to  Halloween party tonight and I had originally planned to dress up like a devil.  On my run this morning, I had another idea, which I like a lot better.  We’ll see how it goes over.  Not that I really care….I’m going to be comfortable and that’s all that matters to me!

I will still be dressing up like a devil for giving out candy this evening.  Eric says my costume for the party tonight isn’t scary.  I didn’t realize a devil with sequined horns was that scary, but I’ll appease him and his full-size candy bar giveaway.  He bought four 30-packs of full size candy bars.  He wants to be “that house”.  Too funny!

Tomorrow is looking jam-packed.  Church, Colts game watching at Toot’s and Eric’s (it’s on tv here…yay!), and a night out in Dayton with Eric’s family to see a group of men who impersonate the Rat Pack. 

Today is going to be filled with catching up on some tv shows, researching hotels, signing up for the Mercedes Marathon (!), and finding a new dermatologist.  All jammed into the day before 6:00 when trick or treating starts!  I can’t wait to see all the fun costumes and cute kiddos!

Happy Halloween!

No comments: