Randomness to follow (I finally got out my camera for the first time since the one picture I took in Akron)….
I haven’t yet worked out today. I’m planning on doing some squats, lunges, push-ups, and crunches today as my workout/#3 strength training of the week. I was supposed to run, but I really wasn’t feeling it. My Saturday run is not an option, and I know I’ll get it in.
Instead of running today, I baked! I took Keifer up to Eric’s and bribed him with “Pumpkin Puff Pet Treats”. I received a card from Banfield (Keifer’s vet) in the mail last Christmas and it had a fun treat recipe on the back. It’s been stuck to my fridge ever since. I was in the mood for some baking, and canned pumpkin was calling my name. I figured I’d buy a big can of pumpkin and bake some dog treats for good measure!
The recipe was super easy to follow and took no time at all to produce these odd-looking things:
(Best picture of Keifer ever in the background!)
The dogs were very interested in what I was doing.
I kept telling them I was making them puppy treats. They couldn’t wait to try them….
The dogs give them two paws up! They’ve already had seconds :).
After the puppy treats were made, I moved on to human food (although Eric did eat one of the puppy treats, which are completely edible, just not that exciting). What was on the menu? Pumpkin muffins!
I found a fun recipe online for pumpkin muffin-cupcake-type things. I threw the batter together…
threw them in the oven, and out popped some beautiful pumpkin muffins!
I threw a bit of cream cheese icing on top for good measure.
Eric and I both had one for dessert and I’m taking some with me to work tomorrow to get rid of them. Eric will probably eat the majority of the rest of them, and I might eat one more.
They’re pretty good. Perfect for the fall!
Now that I’m finally going through the pictures on my camera, here are some others to share.
First off, a picture of the girls while we were in Akron…
I wish I would’ve taken more pictures! I just am so unmotivated sometimes.
Other pictures….I mentioned in a couple posts back that Eric and I decorated outside of his house. I had taken pictures, just never posted them. So, without further ado, here’s Eric’s house all decorated for Halloween (granted, we also hung Halloween lights, which complete the decorations…I’ll take pics of that on Halloween)….
How much is that doggy in the window?
Eric hung a ghost/ghoul type thing in his tree. It’s conveniently hung right where people will be walking to come to Eric’s door for trick or treating.
I’m excited for all the trick or treaters to come to Eric’s house! Hopefully the rain is gone by then. Eric bought 4 boxes from Sam’s club of full-size candy bars, totaling 120 candy bars. Yes, he’s insane.
Time to go do my “workout” for the day. It’s better than nothing, right???? I think so!
No comments:
Post a Comment