Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Friday, July 17, 2009

I’ve Made Some Progress!

My training schedule called for a 90 minute run today.  The first 75 minutes were at RPE 3 followed by 15 minutes at RPE 5.  I was a little nervous going in to the run because I haven’t gone on a training run this long since “the injury”.  I don’t know if it was the walk/run intervals, the fact that I’ve been doing much more lower body strength training in the past month, or what, but I did it!  90 minute run…piece of cake.  Ok, maybe not a piece of cake, but I finished it in one piece with no pain.  I didn’t measure out the distance, but I’d say I ran about 9 miles. 

I followed my run up with Level 1 of the 30 Day Shred.  It’s much more difficult to do when you’ve just finished running 9 miles, let me tell you!

I’ve been throwing some crazy ideas around in my head about what I will do with myself between my Half Ironman this fall and my Ironman next fall.  I want to get some races in during the winter and sprint before my Ironman training begins.

After running the Pig this year, I toyed with the idea of trying to run 50 marathons in 50 states, so maybe I’ll try to fit a couple marathons in this winter and spring?  I just want to make sure I avoid any injury, but I think with my walk/run intervals I will do less damage to my body. 

Maybe I’ve been developing a training plan on Excel to gear up for a November and/or December marathon…

DSCN0856

I’m just looking at my options.  Nothing is set in stone yet.  I need to get through my long hour weeks coming up in my Half Ironman training before I take on anything too crazy!

I ran 9 miles today, though…to me, that’s a great start!!!

No comments: