I’m done packing for my family vacation, which we leave for tomorrow at about 11:00 a.m. Cincinnati time, and I’m bored…which leads me to think up crazy things.
I am trying to estimate my finish time for both the Half Ironman coming up and the Full Ironman I hope to take part in next year.
Here’s the breakdown that I have come up with (please note: these times may be an overestimation or an underestimation…you never know what is going to happen on race day!)….
Half Ironman Estimated Times:
Swim – 45 minutes
Bike – 3.5 hours
Run – 2.5 hours
Transition Time – 10 minutes
Total estimated time = approximately 7 hours
Full Ironman Estimated Times:
Swim – 1.5 hours
Bike – 7 hours
Run – 5 hours
Transition Time – 10 minutes
Total estimated time = approximately 14 hours (that leaves me 3 hours to spare…lots of wiggle room there!)
Alright, I’m going to go double check that I’ve packed everything. I know I’m thinking way too far ahead!
1 comment:
I think after you get through your half, you'll have a better idea of what a full may bring you. Just like a half marathon there is 'some calculation' you can use to estimate your full time, as it is not exactly 'double.' The good news - you have 17 hours, heck yeah. I think you will surprise yourself.
Post a Comment