Well, we survived the 6 hour car ride with four humans and two dogs in a mini-van that was half full of personal belongings and dog belongings and we made it to Damascus! This is my kind of vacation town. It’s small, everyone talks with a southern accent, and we went out to dinner to a small diner (one of the only places in town to eat) and everyone seemed to know each other. It’s great!
Unfortunately, we discovered that the bike trail that is 500 yards away from our rental home is packed gravel. Packed gravel = not good for a road bike. Eric and I are planning on hitting the roads around here and hoping that we aren’t taking too big of a risk.
I’ll post some pictures tomorrow when I have some more time, but I have to run for now because it’s puzzle time. We love doing puzzles for hours on end…it’s rather relaxing (especially after a long car ride in somewhat cramped quarters).
5.5 mile hike tomorrow…with Keifer in tow. Wish us luck (or just Keifer luck….I know we can all handle the hike)!
No comments:
Post a Comment