I was planning on participating in Ride the Darby on Saturday. It’s a low-budget century ride and Eric so graciously offered to be my SAG support and provide me with rest stops along the way to fill up my water bottles and eat some food. I tried looking for the route on mapmyride.com, but could only find the 67 mile route. I checked out the elevation chart for that ride and it was flat. Not exactly what I wanted to use as my longest ride in preparation for a hilly Ironman Louisville.
So, I started thinking. While I was thinking I was catching up on all of the IMLou forums to see what people were saying (we’re only 3.5 weeks out now, so people are being very chatty on the forums) and it seems like tons of people have been able to get some time in on the race course. I had resigned myself to the fact that I wasn’t going to make it down there, but now I’m thinking this weekend is the perfect opportunity. I won’t do the entire course, but I will do all of it except for a 10 mile out and back. I don’t want to take away all the elements of surprise for race day :). Now, I have not run this idea past Eric yet, so I have to get the ok from him before I can hatch this plan. A beer at the Pub in Louisville might be needed as a bargaining chip! Also, since there is a two loop part of the course, I can see if Eric wants to ride a little bit with me. It would be nice to have a friend for at least a little bit of the ride!
We’ll see where the weekend takes us. I’ll be getting 100 miles in, though, whether it’s in Columbus, Louisville, or Timbuktu. It’s peak weekend! My taper starts on Monday…yippee!
No comments:
Post a Comment