Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Saturday, August 7, 2010

100 Mile Fail – and some AWESOME shirts!

Well, my big ideas of heading to Columbus or Louisville for my ride today ended up with me setting off for my ride from the comfort of Eric’s home.  I was freaking out last night because I didn’t feel like I had done enough preparation to head to another city two hours away and ride in a place that I had no idea where I was going and I was going to be alone.  I’m glad I had that freak out, because my back started hurting about 10 minutes into my ride.  I could’ve kept going and pushed through the uncomfortable feeling, but the race is too close at this point.  It’s the hills, though – they kill me!  I definitely use my lower back muscles to power up hills and I think I have just strained my muscles back there. 

Defeated, I headed home and hopped on the trainer to get an hour in on the bike.  It’s not 6 hours or 100 miles…but it was something.  There’s always next weekend – or a number of rides on the trainer (which doesn’t hurt my back) before August 29th.  I’m confident I can do 112 miles on race day – I mean, I did kick those 56 miles butts last weekend!  But I’m not going to kill my back getting there. 

In other race-related news – I finished the shirts for my mom, dad, and Eric. 

The front:

DSCN1676

Mom’s shirt:

DSCN1678

Dad’s shirt:

DSCN1680

Eric’s shirt:

DSCN1677

If anyone else is planning on coming down to the race on August 29th and would like a shirt, let me know!  They are a lovely bright pink color (to make it easy for me to spot you while I’m out on the course), and you will receive an “Ironname” on the back.  These were somewhat a pain in the butt to make, so unless you know for sure that you are going, please don’t ask for a shirt.  They are pretty sweet though, if you ask me.

Oh, and just because….

DSCN1681

Irondog

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

If we were gonna be there, I'd totally ask for one! :) Can't wait to see pictures and hear how you do!