Race numbers were released today!
On August 29, 2010, I will be known as number 208. I like it!
I’m freaking out now…I have my number. There’s no turning back. In two weeks and two days I will be waking up at the crack of dawn and lining up for the biggest thing I’ve ever attempted in my life. It’s too late at this point to worry about the training I’ve done to get ready (although I’m almost 100% positive I didn’t do nearly enough, but just enough to make it to the finish line – which was my goal all along). The next two weeks will be consumed with trying to keep the negative thoughts at bay. Luckily I start back to work full time on Monday (or maybe not so luckily, depending on how you look at it). I will make it to that finish line, even if it kills me. This is what I’ve been working towards for months upon months. This is what I’ve sacrificed many weekends, early wake-up calls, and evenings spent swim, bike, and run-ning. It’s just me staring at 140.6 miles now. Mile by mile, I will make it to that finish line.
Now, if the weather would just change in my favor (read: cool off about 10 degrees at the minimum), my mental stability would be in much greater condition. Me and 100+ heat indices do not get along!
No comments:
Post a Comment