I forgot to snap a picture of my race number and medal from the race this past weekend. I remembered to do so today!
It was weird because a lot of people were calling out my name during the race since it was on my race bib. I’m not sure I enjoyed it too much, but I guess it was nice for the extra cheering.
Today I began purchasing and gathering all of the needed items for my Ironman. First stop – target for water, food items, tums, and painkillers.
Oh, and sunscreen. Sunscreen is going to be imperative on August 29th so I don’t return home as a lobster with horribly awesome tan lines.
Tomorrow I’m off to the running store and the bike shop to pick up lube for potential chaffing issues and running shorts. Other than that I have everything else already in my possession – and I’ll start getting it all set out and ready to go in the upcoming weeks.
Next up (other than training) – making shirts for my “IronTeam” on race day. I’ll post pictures when I get them done, which may not be for a while.
And to wrap things up – a random picture of Keifer…
No comments:
Post a Comment