Tomorrow is my last day of work for a while, and that means I have no more excuses for not sticking to my training plan! The last two days I have been lazy…I could kick myself. I will make up for it the rest of the week.
Eric and I participated in Ride Cincinnati on Sunday, and I was planning on completing 62 miles. Unfortunately that was not to be, because a tree decided to bring down some power lines at about mile 21 (it was an out and back course) and we were not allowed to go around the tree to continue on the course. I was bummed (although I think Eric was pretty happy about the reduced distance)! So instead of just doing 42 miles and being completely disappointed in myself, I decided to take an extra lap between two of the rest stops and finished with just about 50 miles. Not 62, but nothing to scoff at, at least.
Eric and I are heading to a wedding on Saturday in Indianapolis with no time to fit a long ride in, so I’m planning on heading out solo on Friday, riding about 20 miles up to a bike path, getting 10 miles additional on the bike path and turning around for a total of 60 miles. Maybe if I’m feeling extra energized I’ll tack some extra miles on to that.
I really need to get moving on the whole running piece. My longest run so far in my training has been 70 minutes. I’m hoping to get my lazy butt up before work tomorrow and get outside. It’s just been so HOT lately and after a day of work I am so unmotivated to run in the heat and humidity. But I know this is what I’m going to be facing when August rolls around, so there’s no better time than now.
My race/ride schedule is set for the rest of summer, and it looks like I may be on my own for the rest of the time (Eric will join me on some of my rides if I leave from his house, but I will need to circle back at some point in the middle of the ride so he can stop and I can continue…he just doesn’t have the time to ride like I do so he’s not ready for the longer distances). Also, I have the big family vacation coming up – A Cruise!!! I’m really excited, although I will need to stay motivated to get some running and indoor cycling in while we’re gone. The rest of my summer (which is pretty packed almost every weekend) is shaping up to look like this:
June 13 – Wedding in Indy
June 19 – Leave for Florida early in the a.m.
June 20 – Wedding in Florida
June 21 – Drive across the state of Florida and meet my parents in Ft. Lauderdale
June 22 – July 3 – Cruise
July 11 – Caesar Creek Olympic Distance Triathlon
July 17 – Tour de Montgomery (70 miles) – may ride up to Eric’s afterwards to add some more miles on (approx. 15)
July 18 – Wedding in Akron
July 31 – Steelhead Ironman 70.3
August 7 – Ride the Darby Century (100 miles) – Eric said he would be my SAG support because I found out it was a low budget ride (it costs $4 to participate) which means no rest stops with water fill ups and snacks…so Eric is going to drive around the course and meet me in places (he offered this on his own without me asking at all – how awesome of him!)
August 29 – Ironman Louisville!
And breathe…
Bring on the jam packed summer! At least work will be done so I will have all week long to feel like I have accomplished things in my life so I’m not so overwhelmed by the craziness that is about to begin.
No comments:
Post a Comment