Oh summer, how I love thee!
I just love spending my time doing whatever I want. I don’t feel like I have limited amounts of time and if I can’t get to something on that day, well…it can wait until tomorrow because it’s summer!
And because I feel so un-stressed and can put things off – I have plenty of time to get my workouts in! Yay! I’m feeling very accomplished the last half of this week heading in to the weekend, and I’m determined to keep it up the rest of the summer (minus what I’m sure will be some “time off” during the time we’re in Florida/cruising starting at the end of next week). But that’s ok, I will do what I can do, which will probably be running around the cruise deck or on the treadmill and riding a stationary bike. Hey, it’s something!
This week’s workouts so far: Wednesday I did a ride on the indoor trainer, yesterday I lifted some weights and did 15 minutes running outside and 20 minutes on the elliptical (Keifer couldn’t hang for any more than 15 minutes – too hot for him!), and today I headed to the pool to swim 3000 yards.
The trip to Indianapolis isn’t happening anymore this weekend, so instead of doing my long bike today I’m waiting until tomorrow so Eric won’t be at work and I can call him if I need anything. I have my ride all mapped out -
Yeah, I’m riding up to Dayton and back. I’m pretty awesome (at least I hope I am!). I have it planned out that I will ride about 18 miles up to Franklin, OH where the Great Miami Recreation Trail begins. I will hop on that for another 17 miles and then turn around and head all the way back. I go through some towns on the route, so I’m going to bring my credit card and make some pit stops to rest up a little…otherwise I doubt I’ll make it. I would love to get 70 miles in, but I’ll be happy with 60. I’ve only done 50 so far with this training, so if I could get 70 in I would be in good shape!
I’m going to be in pain and a nap will be in order for tomorrow afternoon.
I’ll let you know how it goes!
No comments:
Post a Comment