Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Sunday, June 20, 2010

73 miles – in the books!

I just threw a couple extra miles in there for fun :)!

Well, I did it.  I did a very long bike ride all by my lonesome (Eric is working on the shed with his dad this weekend – and he probably wouldn’t have wanted to come for the whole ride anyways).  I am sore! 

I am very happy with the route I mapped out for myself.  I did an out and back route, and it started with hills which meant it ended with hills.  The middle portion was on a bike trail, so that was relatively flat. 

Stupid me forgot to put sunscreen on before my ride.  I tried to hunt down some at a gas station on the way, but they didn’t have any.  So, I’m lobster-cized now and I have some rather funny tan lines.  Just perfect right before the cruise!  I’m going to have to try to even these out before next weekend. 

Although there was no sunscreen to be found, I did pick up some of these yummy treats -

2010-06-20 11.25.59

I ate two packs throughout the ride.  I had brought some shot bloks with me, but these were perfect and tasted much better!  I think I’m going to start bringing twizzlers with me on my rides and throw some in my special needs bag to have with me during the Ironman. 

My ride took me from Eric’s house in West Chester, OH to Dayton, OH. 

2010-06-20 11.40.21

I got much closer to downtown, but you couldn’t see the skyline anymore. 

I’m so tired right now I can’t even think to write anymore.  Time for a nap and being a major bum the rest of the day!

No comments: