Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Energizer Bunny!

I swear, this dog has so much energy it kills me!

2010-04-18 13.40.59

I took him with me on my 80 minute run/walk…80 MINUTES!  He stuck with me the entire time, which is by far the longest he’s gone with running involved!  I figured he’d be exhausted the rest of the day.  But boy was I wrong.  He’s already barking at me wanting my attention.

The run went ok.  I got about 6.75 miles in at an 11:45/mile pace, which I guess is decent considering I had Mr. Crazy Pants with me.  My right knee acted up here and there, but I managed to make it through with sticking to my 5:00 run/walk intervals. 

After the run I headed to the pool to get my long swim in that I skipped earlier this week.  I swam 3200 yards in 50 minutes. 

I feel accomplished in terms of my workouts this weekend.  Now I just need to tackle the rest of my to-do list!

No comments: