I wanted to get outside for my long ride today, but Lowe’s had other ideas. Eric is out of town this weekend so I had to hang around his house waiting for the Lowe’s guy to bring the new grill and some mulch. I decided to hop on my bike trainer, throw in The Hurt Locker, and ride away.
I ended up riding for three hours (I took a lunch break after two hours because my parents stopped by) and got in 46 miles. My longest ride so far this year! It feels good to get that mileage in. I really need to start getting some more outdoor rides in. It’s just so hard during the week with work!
Speaking of work – and training, and the wedding – I’m more than a little stressed out right now.

My face is breaking out, I’m exhausted all of the time, luckily I haven’t succumbed to the usual overeating to deal with stress. But I’m tired of it. Workout out today has helped. I also brought home stuff to work on this weekend from work in hopes that I can get ahead and not be so stressed out, but I’m sure more stuff will come up and the stress will continue. I just need to keep telling myself that there’s only about 6 weeks left of school and I will get through them.
I cannot let the stress derail my training. There’s a lot of training left to go!
On the schedule for tomorrow: a run and a swim.
No comments:
Post a Comment