Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Friday, March 19, 2010

My Old Friend

I missed you mapmyride.com!

I’m currently mapping out a 20ish mile ride for tomorrow.  I think I’m trying a new route….and I’d like to ride by King’s Island I believe….

image

So far I have an out and back route that will take me about 23.5 miles. 

Now it’s just a question of when do we ride…

image

The earlier the better to avoid traffic, but the later in the day the warmer it is.  Decisions, decisions.

Today’s Workouts

I woke up this morning at got my run in (sorta).  I made it 20:00 doing a run/walk combo with some accelerations in the last 10:00.  After 20:00 went by, my knee started to give me some grief.  I didn’t want to push it (and that is going to be my motto all throughout training), so I walked the next 10:00 to finish up with a total of 2.5 miles.  Whenever my knee hurts, I am going to walk.  Like I’ve said in the past, if I have to walk the entire marathon I will do it.  I am not going to push myself too hard in training on the run.  I will push on the bike and swim and kick butt on those parts and then deal with the run when it comes.

The swim…well, it didn’t happen. So I’m doing it tomorrow.  I had an optional swim on the schedule for tomorrow, so now I’m just replacing it with a required swim.  Oh, and I have a short run right off the bike.  It’s going to be a busy day…and the goal is to wake up early to get the swim in before I head out on the bike.

No comments: