The weather was awesome today! High of upper 60s in the beginning of March???? Sweet!
I decided to celebrate by hitting the streets for my first outdoor run since the first week in January. I took Keifer with me to keep me distracted and give him a little extra exercise. He’s been so busy playing with Nutmeg that I don’t think he’s been on a walk for months! Keifer loved the freedom and I enjoyed the run!
I decided to take it rather easy so not to over-do it. I headed out an a little under an 11:00 mile and ran for 20:00. Once I hit that time, I walked the rest of the way. It ended up being about 2.25 miles and 27ish minutes. Not too shabby for my first real run in two months! I’m planning on doing two more runs this week to gear up for Ironman training. I just need to be ready to run 50 minutes by next Saturday…no problem!
Yesterday I hit the pool for a workout:
Eekk! 25 weeks until Ironman!
I emailed the bike shop yesterday because I still hadn’t heard anything about my bike. I got a response back today that the Trek site says they will be shipping my bike out tomorrow or Thursday and the bike shop will call me within the next two days to get my final fitting scheduled. The guy says there’s a long version to the story that he will tell me when I come in for my fitting. I can’t wait to hear it. Seriously, I just want my bike!!!
This week and weekend is filled with trying to write as many reports as possible so I will have less to do when training begins. I will be busy all weekend writing these lovely reports, but it will be worth it! I’ll take a break for a workout or two…and maybe a fish fry on Friday :)!
No comments:
Post a Comment