Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Back to the Real World

I returned SUPER early yesterday morning from Chicago…

I miss it already!

I’ll admit, I did absolutely no official workouts while I was gone.  I was too busy with going to workshops at the conference I was at, walking up and down Michigan Ave. (at least I did that!), and eating good food. 

I packed on a couple pounds.  Just what a good vacation is all about.

I’m now on detox and back to work tomorrow.  Also, I’m back to my training plan tomorrow as well.  Yesterday was spent in a sleep-deficient stupor and today is all about getting caught up on work stuff and laundry.  I may try to get a ride in later today, but for now I’m focusing on getting stuff together in preparation for another week.

One more week until Ironman training starts.  I think this week I may focus on getting some outdoor runs in and a couple swim workouts in.  I feel confident that I’m ready for cycling stuff. 

In other exciting news – I’m going to be a godmother to a little baby boy in about a month!  Brooke and Erik asked me to be the godmother of their son and I happily accepted the honor!  With no siblings of my own, it’s exciting to be able to play such a big role in a child’s life!

No comments: