Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Monday, January 18, 2010

Swim Like a Fish

To me, swimming is like riding a bicycle – throw me in the pool and it seems like I pick right back where I left off.

I hadn’t done any swimming since my Half Ironman back in September.  I decided to kick off my pre-training training plan with a swim.  I ended up doing 2500 yards and it took me about 43 minutes.  My swim looked like:

Warm up:  2 x (100 swim, 100 kick, 100 pull)

Main set:  8 x 200 with 20 seconds rest in between each

Cool-down:  300 pull

And I did all of this with half of my face numb from getting two cavities filled right before.  Not too shabby :)!

Today’s to-do:  Figure out how to properly use the heart rate monitor on my Garmin.  I’m not too good at understanding all that hubabaloo.

No comments: