Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Back in the Saddle

I did a 45 min. bike on the indoor trainer after work today.  I figured out how to effectively use my heart rate monitor yesterday and put it to use today.  Here was my workout:

8:00 at 60%

6:00 at 65%

4:00 at 70%

5 mi at 75%

7:00 at 70%

5:00 at 65%

2:00 at 60%

I did a total of 10 miles. 

I liked using the heart rate monitor.  It helps the time pass more quickly when I have something to focus on rather than just zone out watching tv.  The 45 minutes flew by. 

My original plan called for 80 minutes, but like I said a few days ago, that plan is very flexible.  I was taking the workout from a training plan online and I’m just not there yet, so I cut it short.  I’ve only been riding for less than a week now, so I’ll build up to it eventually.

Tomorrow I’m heading to the gym to try out the elliptical and do some strength training.  If my knee bothers me at all, I’m ditching the elliptical.  If it works out ok, it will be my stand in for running for the time being.  I’m not a huge fan of the elliptical, but at least it gives me a chance to read some magazines and make the most of my gym membership!

Also, tomorrow marks two years of Eric and I dating each other.  He claims he’s making dinner, so we’ll see what happens with that :)!

No comments: