Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Friday, December 4, 2009

Finally the Weekend!

It’s the weekend!  Yay!

I’m getting ready for my 10-miler tomorrow.  I’ve had my pasta for dinner (with pesto and kalamata olive tapenade – yum!) and now I just have to map out my run. 

The past few days I’ve been up at Eric’s, I have slowly taken the steps to making sugar cookies by myself.  I have a curse against me when it comes to sugar cookies, or something…I just can’t ever get them right.  My mom showed me the way over Thanksgiving break, and I was ready to give them a go on my own.  On Wednesday, I mixed up the dough according to the recipe, but when I was done and gave the raw dough a little taste, they just didn’t taste right at all.  After looking back over the recipe, I realized I had forgotten the sugar, which was sitting out right by the bowl!  Stupid me.  I mixed the sugar in a few steps late, but I think they turned out fine.

Yesterday I used cookie cutters on about 1/3 of the dough.  I made way too much dough!  I got tired after rolling out that 1/3, and decided to call it quits for now.  They did turn out perfectly though!

DSCN1319

Today I got down to decorating.  This is also a step that I enjoying starting, but then quickly get bored with it.  I made most of them look halfway decent until I just started randomly decorating….

DSCN1320

Yum!

Tomorrow is the 2nd annual chili cook-off and Bill and Jennie’s.  My chili is cooking up in my crock pot, and I’m hoping for a first or second place finish to take home some much needed $$.  Eric won last year, so he’s out to reclaim his title. 

Time to go map out my run!  10 weeks until the Marathon!!!

No comments: