12 more days of work until Christmas break! I am sooo looking forward to the much-needed time off work.
Anyways, this weekend was great! Saturday morning I kicked off with a 10.2 mile run. It was freezing outside….27 degrees at the start of my run, to be exact. Mighty chilly…but I think this morning was colder so I’m glad I got my run in when I did. Anyways, I did a nice out and back run, which I’m still trying to decide if I liked or not. The out was great…the first five miles seemed to fly by. But the back wasn’t so great. Some of the miles went by quickly, but I also dragged on some of the miles as well. Here’s my stats:
10.2 miles
1:46:37 total time
10:26/mile pace
1165 calories
Mile 1 – 9:57
Mile 2 – 10:22
Mile 3 – 10:09
Mile 4 – 10:24
Mile 5 – 9:56
Mile 6 – 10:29
Mile 7 – 10:28
Mile 8 – 11:05 (commence dragging feeling here)
Mile 9 – 10:50
Mile 10 – 10:37
.2 mile – 10:59
I’m toying with the idea of going back to my 4 minute run/1 minute walk intervals, especially as I start to get into higher mileage. I always feel great at the beginning of my runs, but then I start to drag. I’ve been consuming a few shot blocks during my runs over 9 miles, and I know I need to start bringing water with me from now on…but I don’t think that’s the problem. I’m sure I have the energy to run the entire time at a good pace, I just psych myself out and talk myself into walking. So if I stick with the 4:1 ratio, I’ll have the walk to look forward to more frequently. I’ll give it a shot next week on my 12 miler.
The chili cook-off was a success yesterday. My chili didn’t win anything, but it was good nonetheless…lots of leftovers for lunches and dinners this week!
Today was consumed with church and football. Go Colts! 12-0….only undefeated team left in the NFL.
I am really itching to get my bike, and I sure hope it comes soon! I’m sure Eric is getting sick of me talking about it almost every day..but I’m so excited to get out for a ride (no matter how short it is) on that thing! And then I plan to hook it up to my trainer and ride it on my Cross-training days so I can get some use out of it before Ironman training starts on March 15. In case you’ve forgotten what my new baby looks like….I present to you Black Beauty (that’s her name)…
In the near future I may be going to talk to Urban Active (a local chain of gyms) to see what kind of deal I can get if I just want to use their pool. It wouldn’t hurt to get some swimming in before March. I maybe put that conversation off until the beginning of the year though, because I don’t know how much I’ll actually go to the pool around the holidays. If I get my bike set up and I’m still marathon training, it probably wouldn’t amount to much. So that may be put on hold until February when my marathon is over.
Time to go rest up for another week of work!
No comments:
Post a Comment