Ugh…people are posting their race reports from Ironman Canada, which was this past weekend (as was Ironman Louisville) and it’s making me want to sign up. My new justification…the only thing holding me back is the whole training while working…which doesn’t start until the first full week of August (and can actually be broken up a little if I want). If I did an Ironman at the end of August, I would be tapering the three weeks leading up to it, which would be the first full week of August. Hmmm…
This week has been great with the taper and working. I’m not resenting my workouts so much. I ran and biked yesterday. No swim because the pool was closed due to the low temps. This morning I’ve already done my 20 minute run (easy peasy..and I felt super strong!) and I’m going to try to hit up the pool after work for a short swim (keeping fingers crossed for a little higher temps. today). I might get a short bike in as well.
This afternoon I’m cleaning off my bike and Eric is going to work on tuning up my gears a bit sometime this week. I’ve got my packing list all written up and I have a nutrition plan in the works for the race.
I’m looking forward to it. Work definitely helps keep my mind off of it. But the thought that things could either go really well or really bad is not far from the front of my mind! Luckily I have no comparison and I’ve done nothing like this, so I have no expectations except to finish.
My thoughts on Ironman for 2010: I’m going to get this Half out of the way and see how it goes. If I come out of the experience with positive thoughts, I will see if there are still spots left for Ironman Louisville. If not, then maybe I hold off until 2011. If there are some spots left, then I have some thinking to do. Good thing I have a 4 hour car ride home on Saturday afternoon to think about stuff and go through all my rational/irrational thoughts!
No comments:
Post a Comment