Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Change in Plans

Tomorrow would be the day that I would be signing up for Ironman Louisville.  I have officially decided to forgo any Iron-Distance triathlons next year in order to preserve my sanity and well-being. 

Maybe it will be in my future, maybe not.  For now, I am going to put it on the back burner.

I have grown to despise and dread workouts.  I am exhausted day after day and can’t seem to catch up on sleep no matter how early I go to bed. 

I am really looking forward to getting this Half Ironman over with and move on.  I started training for this race back in June.  I can’t even imagine adding twice as much training for twice as many months.  My heart just isn’t in it.

For now, I think I’m going to focus on getting some more marathons under my belt during the winter/spring and then do some Olympic Distance triathlons next summer.

Things are still up in the air about purchasing a new bike.  I’ve considered going ahead and purchasing a tri-bike, but I’m also now considering purchasing a nicer road bike and adding aero bars.  I have some time to think about it, and I do still have a functional bicycle for now.  It’s all just up in the air.

No comments: