Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

It’s Almost Time

This morning was my last workout until I’m in Illinois.  I’m planning a short swim and run on Friday afternoon when we arrive…but tomorrow is a rest day (if you can call it that).  I discovered yesterday that the pool is not open all week, which has nothing to do with the weather, so I didn’t get the two swims in that I wanted to do this week…but I think I’ll be ok.  Even more reason to jump in the lake on Friday for a short swim.

I’m feeling good.  I know if I just keep my pace down throughout the race and focus on conserving energy I will be fine.  My short runs the past 3 mornings have felt strong. 

I really haven’t thought much about the race because work is consuming my thoughts during the day!  I actually have to head back to work this evening for open house, so I’ll be there from 7-9.  I will be quickly returning home tonight to hit the sack asap!  Tonight and tomorrow night are the most important nights for sleep and work is stealing quality sleep time from me tonight!  Bummer.

The weather is looking a little better now.  No more chances of thunderstorms.  Instead, partly cloudy, high of 80 with 74% humidity.  Not too bad.  I could use mostly cloudy so I don’t have to contend with the sun…but I’ll take 80 over 90 any day!

I gotta run.  I have to make dinner and do some other stuff before leaving in 2 hours to go back to work.  Boo!

No comments: