Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Slackin’ on the Blog

Sorry for the lack of posts…there’s just nothing interesting going on lately. 

I’m doing some running here and there….training for a half marathon is much easier than training for a Half Ironman!  3 days of running per week is all I need…and I’m getting that in.  I’m trying to do weights and some sort of cardio on my non-running days, but some days I just want to be lazy (such as today).  I think I earned a little bit of laziness!

The weather is still hot this week, which I think is one big reason I want to be lazy.  I just don’t want to be out in the heat and humidity.  It looks like the weather is going to turn more fall-like here in the next couple of days, which I’m looking forward to. 

I’ve been reading a bunch of people’s race reports from Ironman Louisville.  I still need to find a hotel to stay in, but I figure I have plenty of time for that, especially if I don’t really care about being super close to the start or finish. 

After looking much closer at my training plan, it looks like I may need to find a pool to swim in after all.  My schedule calls for swims on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays….and swimming on Sundays at the high school is not an option.  So instead of figuring out a way to alter my schedule for almost 3 months, I think I might just try to find a deal at a gym with a pool for 3 months.  I have time to figure that out as well.

Sometime this weekend I’m planning on heading over to Cycle Sport to talk about bicycles.  I really want to get moving on this, but I’m just impatient.  I don’t really need the bike until February/early March.

Work is going well.  This week is much calmer than last week was, which has been nice.  I started the Biggest Loser competition yesterday at work with my first weigh-in.  The contest ends on November 17, so we’ll see how it goes!

Time to go read some more race reports!

No comments: