**I wrote this yesterday but had some issues with Live Writer. It seems to be all fixed now, so without further ado…
I woke up this morning and hit the roads for a 7 mile run. I ended up squeaking out 6.75 miles and actually walked most of the last .5 miles, but I’m happy with the distance. It’s the farthest I’ve run since the Half Ironman. I was feeling good for most of the run, but the hills started to get the best of me and my motivation waned. Walking just seemed more pleasant than pushing it….so walk is what I did. When running, I was staying under 10:00/mile, so that’s good.
I’m thinking that a half-marathon PR is a possibility. I’ll have more motivation to keep going on race day!
I’m thinking that maybe next weekend I’ll head to the Little Miami trail for my run…nice and flat, although it has the potential to be extremely boring. I’ve biked a number of times on this trail, but I’ve never used it for my runs. It’s only 8 miles…I might as well give it a go.
The rest of today will be spent on the couch….it’s Sunday afternoon…which means one thing! NFL Football! Unfortunately my Colts don’t play until tomorrow night, but the Bengals play at one and Eric’s going to take a break from shed building to watch some of the game with me.
I’m also going to start taking a harder look at my training plan for Ironman Louisville. I just want to be familiar with it before I jump in come March. That, and I’m not quite sure how much I like the formatting of TrainingPeaks, which is where my training plan is currently being “housed”. So, I might make up an Excel spreadsheet, which is what I have been using throughout my Half Ironman training. I’m just looking at my options.
Oh yeah, big news in the bike department…I was looking around on some websites yesterday at some popular brands of tri-bikes. I was on Trek’s website and happened to come across some Women’s specific carbon TTX bicycles…..so it appears they DID some out with women’s specific carbon tri bikes. I’ll have to definitely go to Cycle Sport now to see what they have to say about this! It’s pretty exciting though.
Alright, time to go veg out. I love Sundays in the fall! Cool weather and football.
No comments:
Post a Comment