I had big dreams of running another marathon in November. I knew it was a little crazy….I am just coming off of my Half Ironman and I was getting a little burnt out.
My training plan called for 16 miles. I woke up and I didn’t want to run. I’ve actually been dreading the run for a few days now. I asked myself in bed this morning why I was doing this to myself? I’m training for an IRONMAN next year! I need to be well-rested and in the right frame of mind for that. So I scrapped my running for this morning. Instead of running a marathon in November, I’m going to do the half marathon instead. It’ll be much easier on my body and mind. Instead of running 16 miles this weekend, I’m only going to run 7. Ahhhh…sounds much more enjoyable!
My emotional state is more important to me right now than beating up on my body with marathon training. I’ve done one. I’m going to do another one at the end of a very long day of swimming and cycling.
And you know what….I want to go to Findlay Market. And if I ran, I wasn’t going to have time. So, I’m calling Eric up and we’re going to go downtown to the Market and then up to Wheelie Fun to talk bicycle talk. There are also plans to watch college football with my friend Renee today. So, really, my day is going to be a good one filled with lots of fun stuff. I’m planning on doing my run tomorrow…all 7 miles of it :)!
I’m happy with my official decision to scrap a November marathon. It was just too much too soon. Instead, maybe I’ll focus on trying to beat my half marathon time (2:09.54). I think that’s possible and a much more enjoyable goal to strive after.
Frankly, I just need a break!
No comments:
Post a Comment