Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Takin’ It For a Spin

This morning I headed up to Eric’s to go for an easy 30 minute spin on my bike, which was set up on my new indoor trainer!

It was nice to ride my bike while watching the morning news.  I do basically all of my exercising outdoors, whether it be riding my bike, running, or swimming laps in the pool…and I rarely go to a gym to do any form of cardio that allows me to watch tv at the same time.  So this was a nice change of pace.  I was very happy to be on my bike!

DSCN1018

I threw Nutmeg in her crate because she was scarily interested in the resistance wheel attached to my back wheel.  I could just see her sticking her nose a little too close and I don’t think Eric would be too happy with me if he came home to a nose-less dog.  Keifer did ok with the whole experience.  Here’s a pictorial representation of how Keifer spent his 30 minutes (in order)…

DSCN1014

DSCN1020

DSCN1021

DSCN1022

DSCN1024 (Not a happy camper!)

DSCN1026

Found a toy, happy again!

Such a crazy dog.

Anyways, I still have a 3 mile run to do today…but the weather isn’t cooperating much.  There was already one really bad storm today and there’s another that appears to be on its way.  After this second one rolls through in the next hour, I’m going to head out to get my run in before more storms head in this afternoon.

No comments: