Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Monday, August 3, 2009

The Other Half

…Of my run, that is! 

I went in to work today.  I am not looking forward to next week when I start back full-time.  Today was pretty easy and actually kind of exciting.  I got to set up my first ever office (last year I shared rooms with a number of people for my “office”).  It turned out pretty well.  I meant to take a picture, but forgot, so that will have to wait until next week. 

After work I headed to the pool for a 1000 yard timed swim.  I gave my Garmin a spin in the water.  It worked for keeping time, but not so much on the distance and heart rate.  My Garmin said I swam 2.54 miles (hah…yeah right!) and it says my max. speed was 75.4 mph.  I wish!  But it kept the time, which is what I needed it for.  My finish time for 1000 yards:

DSCN1010

15 minutes, 26 seconds.  Not too shabby!

Oh, the picture above and the ones that follow are from my Garmin Training Center.  I still don’t know how to copy the graphs and charts off the program, so I figured I’d just start taking pics of them so I can post stuff!

After my swim, I headed home to change really quick and head out for the second half of the run I was unable to finish this morning.  It was pretty hot outside, but I pushed the pace and finished in a good time.

DSCN1011

I think this data is a little more reliable for the run.  I finished 2.54 miles in 25 minutes, 26 seconds, averaging 10:02/mile.  Each “lap” listed above is each interval I do (4 minute run followed by 1 minute walk).  As you can see, I tried to push hard towards the end.  At one point I looked down at my watch right before finishing and I was running at a sub-8:00 pace!  I think I made up for not getting the run all in this morning in one shot.

Tomorrow I’m back to vacation mode.  That means leisurely waking up and getting ready for the day, throwing a few workouts in there and researching triathlon info online.  It’s a tough life, but somebody’s gotta do it!  I will be somewhat productive though, completing a 30 minute bike on my indoor trainer (first ride on it!) and a 3 mile run. 

No comments: