Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Friday, August 21, 2009

Holding Off

The swim didn’t happen yesterday.  Call me lazy (I was super tired yesterday and yawning all day at work), call me a coward (I was super nervous about putting my arm in the water), call me sensible (my arm was looking rather disgusting yesterday…I had fears of an infection, but I think I’m Ok)…call me what you want, but it just didn’t happen. 

Next week, I suppose.  There’s no harm in putting off what is sure to be a painful experience!

Yesterday was a pretty uneventful first day of school.  I was busy with a lot of different stuff, but it sure does make the day go by faster!  Hopefully today is more of the same.

I’m going to a comedy show tonight with some friends.  Then I have a hard weekend to get focused on.  Lucky for me, the weather is going to be PERFECT!  Upper 70s all weekend with low humidity.  Awesome!!!

Tomorrow I plan on running 12 miles.  Then Sunday Eric and I are doing an organized bike ride.  It’s my last big weekend.  After this weekend, it’s taper time!  2 weeks until I leave for Illinois.  I’m super nervous!

No comments: