Another workout foiled…this time by the heat and my hatred for it. More on that later.
I should start with yesterday. In the morning I did complete the run that I failed to do on Tuesday due to the rain. Granted, the run was supposed to be right off the bike, but I figure at least I got the mileage in. I woke up early and got a 3 mile run in, which took me 32 minutes and I averaged a 10:52 mile. It’s hard for my legs to get movin’ that early in the morning! After work I hit the pool for a workout. I did:
250 warmup
10 x 100 (25 easy, 25 build, 25 easy, 25 hard).
150 cooldown.
Total yards: 1,400 (Completed in 24:30)
I tried to put my Garmin in my swim cap to see if that helped catch the satellites better. I felt like an idiot with a huge watch protruding out of the top of my head, but I thought it was worth a shot. This is what my Garmin usually shows me doing when I swim and I wear it on my wrist:
I didn’t know it was possible to swim in the tennis courts. Obviously not the most accurate representation of my back and forth lap swimming.
Here’s what the picture produced yesterday with my Garmin in my swim cap on the top of my head…
Sorry the picture is so blurry, but as you can see, I only did a little swimming on the concrete this time as opposed to the tennis courts to the right in the picture. I think the fact that I was doing flip turns at every wall probably screwed the gps up a little. I’m contemplating putting the Garmin in my swim cap for the triathlon this weekend to see what happens. Maybe since I won’t be going underwater at all it will get an accurate feed from the satellite. We’ll see.
The swim went well though. I’m just feeling good for the swimming portion. At least I have that going for me!
This morning I skipped my strength session and “slept in” before work. I’m sore from Tuesday’s strength session and with the triathlon this weekend, I didn’t want to be more sore for that, so I’m taking the rest of the week off from strength. I’ll be back at it next week.
I left work with all intentions of doing a 10 mile run today. I wasn’t too keen on the idea of running 10 miles after work, and the temperatures were feeling a little hot outside, but after hemming and hawing at Eric’s house (letting the dog’s play for a bit), I hit the road. What an awful idea!
It’s about 82 degrees outside (granted the humidity is relatively low) and sunny. It was hot! I had placed a water bottle at the halfway point, and when I made it to the water bottle, I called it a day. I had a weird pain in my back, I was sweating buckets, and I couldn’t even think about stomaching a Gu, even though I needed one. Have I mentioned before that I hate running in the heat! Hate.
I’m pretty happy with my stats for the run, considering the circumstances.
According to SportTracks I completed 5.01 miles at an average pace of 10:29/mile for a total running time of 52:33.
So, to make up for my wussiness, I’m going to wake up extra early tomorrow (that’s my punishment) and get the other 5 miles in. I know it’s not the same as getting it all done in one shot, but I figure doing it split up is better than not doing it at all!
I also have a bike session scheduled for tomorrow. I think I’m going to set up the trainer, rent a movie, and go to town on my bike. I don’t really have a set time to go for, so we’ll see how long I make it. I could use some more time on the bike, that’s for sure!
Saturday is a glorious rest day before I compete in Tri Indy in Indianapolis. This should be an interesting race, for sure! The swim is in the canal, which isn’t the cleanest water. I’m doing the Olympic Distance, which is only my second Olympic Distance ever, so I’m pretty excited about that. Plus, the course is pretty flat, which is always exciting!
In other news, I’m contemplating a grocery store trip, but I’m really trying to start saving $$. I’ve been receiving a lot of coupons in the mail as of late, so I’m going to see what I can come up with…
When I arrived at Eric’s this afternoon, I found these waiting for me
Beautiful flowers! I have no idea what the occasion is, but I’m not complaining! I thought about taking them to work with me tomorrow, but then they’d be sitting in my office all weekend with no one to enjoy them. I’ll enjoy them while I can!
I think I’m going to go do some reading and maybe take a nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment