I hurried to Eric’s from work today, after checking the radar (which was clear), threw on my bike gear and headed out for what was supposed to be a 60 minute bike followed by a 30 minute run. Unfortunately, about 20 minutes in to my ride I noticed some rather dark clouds that were rolling in. I made my way back towards Eric’s house just in case it started pouring, and pouring it did. I don’t care much about riding in the rain, but traffic was starting to pick up and rain + traffic makes me a little nervous so I decided to call it quits. I turned on the tv to see the radar and this was what I saw…
Eric’s house is to the southeast of Hamilton, so the storm was definitely upon me. Look how small the stupid storm is though! How frustrating!
My motivation to go back out to finish my ride and run dropped dramatically as soon as I hit the door to Eric’s house. I was officially done for the day. I’ve been pretty tired all day, so it’s probably for the best.
I am planning on making up my run, though, tomorrow morning. I’ll wake up extra early and get my run in before I go to work, and then I have a swim scheduled for the afternoon.
I got almost 40 minutes in on the bike, so we’ll just say that’s close enough to count!
I averaged about 14-15 mph with some pretty decent hills thrown in. There was a lot of stopping and going because of traffic, so I blame that for the rather slow pace.
Now I’m clean and I’m going to curl up on the couch with this…
I read through “Ironman: Start to Finish” and looked closely at the training plan they have laid out in the book. Next summer is going to involve a lot of time spent training! Way more than this summer. It actually makes me kind of nervous that I haven’t been training the way I should be for the Half Ironman, but then I remind myself that the Half is exactly what it says it is: a Half of an Ironman. So, for the actual Ironman, I’m obviously going to be doing a great deal of more training.
The Half will be hard, but I think I’ll be fine. I’m just going to take it slow and steady and keep my eyes on the finish line.
No comments:
Post a Comment