Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Give-A, Give-A, Give-A, Give-A Garmin

Dinner last night was awesome (per usual when it comes to the Melting Pot)!  I was good and hungry after my a.m. 12 mile run (11.6 if we’re being exact) and I had no problems putting away all the fondue deliciousness.  My parents met us at the restaurant after driving up 2 hours just to have a birthday dinner with me.  They brought me some beautiful flowers.

DSCN0953 They also gave me a rather generous check to buy myself one of these bad boys…

GAR116

A Garmin 310XT.  This baby has 20 hours of battery life between charges (perfect for an Ironman!) and it is waterproof so you can use it for swimming.  I’ve never owned a heart rate monitor before and I’m super excited.  My mom had no luck in Indy finding one, so it is my responsibility to hunt one down.  That is my goal this weekend:  find one!

I’m super excited and I hope finding one isn’t too difficult.

Well, I’m off to work.  Yup, my first official day of work for the 2009-2010 school year.  I had to get up and shower this morning, AND put on makeup.  Not fun.  3 days of work (today, tomorrow, and Monday) and then I get a 4 day vacation before my normal schedule starts. 

After work:  60 minute bike ride on flat ground.  I’m taking my bike with me to work so I can just do that right afterwards.  Hopefully my legs cooperate after that run yesterday.  I have no soreness as of now, so I have high hopes!

No comments: