Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I’m a Blogging Fiend Today

I forgot to mention one rather important thing today!  Well, important for me, at least.

Back story:  I was at the bike shop the other day discussing my broken spoke issues and getting sucked in to buying new wheels and started talking about my ambitions to do Ironman Wisconsin in 2010 to one of the shop employees, who happened to just compete in Ironman CdA this year in June.  He asked me if I was going up to Wisconsin to register or if I was “just going to take [my] chances online”.  I told him I was just going to register online, but his question left me a little unnerved.  Even though I have plans to register for IW the minute online registration opens up, what if they are already sold out?  Or, what if a financial crisis hits me come September and I can’t afford the rather hefty price tag of entering a trademarked Ironman event? 

To answer these questions and more that may pop up in the future, I came up with Plan B:

Revolution3 Full Rev (Iron-Distance Triathlon)

The event takes place at Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH and it will be their inaugural race. 

Common sense should tell me just to sign up for this event as my Ironman because it is closer to me and probably a lot less expensive…but I want to cross that finish line and have someone announce my name and tell me that I’m an Ironman!  It’s worth the extra money to me.  If I want to do a second Iron-Distance triathlon, then I’ll go with the cheaper event.  But for now I’m going to set my sights on Ironman Wisconsin.  I’ll use Plan B if absolutely necessary.

No comments: