One month from today until the Flying Pig Marathon! One day from today until my 20 mile run. That would be tomorrow morning...at 7 a.m. I have to wake up 30 minutes earlier than normal, plus an extra 15 minutes because the run is off-site so I need some more time to get there. So I'll be waking up nice and early tomorrow for my 3 hour and 30 minute run. Yay. I'm saying that with complete sarcasm.
We received an email saying there were going to be about 600 people there tomorrow. I'm a little worried that it will feel more like a race, and I don't want to kill myself! They sent us the course map, and we have to do the dreaded Eden Park hill towards the end of the 20 miles. I can make it up that stupid hill!
After the run, I'm heading home to take a quick shower, shove some pizza in my mouth (I always crave pizza after these long runs...and I will be burning approximately 2,300 calories tomorrow, so I deserve it!), and then Eric and I are heading up to his parents house so he can do some work on my car and I will be sleeping all day. I'm not ecstatic about not being in my own home after this run because I'm sure I will be hobbling around and exhausted the rest of the day, but I desperately need this work done on my car, so I'll deal.
I've managed to keep my illness at bay pretty well this week. I've probably ODed on Zicam this week, but I've managed to keep it to only a sore throat for two days, and now a sniffly nose for two days. I can still breathe through my nose, though, so all in all...not too bad. I'm going to get lots of sleep again tonight, and hopefully tomorrow I will wake up with only minimal sickness.
I'm kinda nervous about tomorrow. I try not to think too much about my long runs beforehand, because I tend to just think negative thoughts....but this one makes me all queasy inside. I've done 18 miles..this is only 2 miles more. But it's on hills! With lots of people! I'm scared!
The weather looks like it's going to be perfect, which is exciting. The low tonight is 35 and the high tomorrow is 65. So, it should be in the 40s-50s during the run...which is wonderful. It's pretty windy today, though, so I hope that goes away. It appears that it will be.
So, keep your fingers crossed for me that my legs stay lose, the pain is kept to a minimum, and that I have the mental capacity to outlast a 20 mile run! I'll just visualize the pizza...YUM!
No comments:
Post a Comment