Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The dreaded cold is upon me....

I've made it through this whole darn training program with nothing so much as a sniffle...and I wake up this morning with a really sore throat. My nasty colds always start with a sore throat. Why now?????? Why the week of my 20 mile run??? Why????

I'm doing everything I can to fight this cold off before it becomes a full-on attack of my immune system. I'm doing a Vicam nose swab (lovely, I know) every 4 hours, I'm drinking more than enough fluids, and I'm eating extra healthy. I will be sleeping a lot and taking it easy with my exercise this week.

And I was just telling my mom this weekend that I haven't gotten sick in so long and I thought it was due to taking my multivitamin every day (I even knocked on wood!!!)....

I'm going to run with the group today in hopes that we are doing something easy since we just ran on Sunday (and it was a tough run). The run on Saturday is off-site, so I need to find out more info about it, and I'm sure they will talk about it tonight at the run. If I need to cut my mileage down on Thursday, then so be it!

I need to kick this cold before Saturday!

No comments: