I ran 4 miles yesterday! I probably could've done more but didn't want to push it. I also had Keifer with me, and he got a little squirrely at the end, which was in turn making my knee hurt a little, so I called it quits. But I'm just happy that I was able to get in more than 2 miles in a single run. And no pain today! I wore my IT band wrap and it did wonders. Granted, it was only 4 miles and that's only 1/6 of the entire marathon...but I'll take it. My other IT band was giving me some trouble, so I think I may go buy another wrap for my other leg. Better to be safe than sorry!
I'm meeting with the PT today after work and then I'm going to try to start running with the training group again. 4 miles on Tuesday, 4 miles on Thursday, and 6 miles on Saturday. Less than 2 weeks until the marathon. Maybe I can hop back on the train just in time!
Eric and I drove the route I created for him to bike on yesterday. It has some hills, which made Eric nervous, but he's going to attempt it. We are going to strategically place his car somewhere on the course so that if he wants to stop and drive back downtown, the option is available to him. I'm just happy that he's willing to give it a go so I'll at least see him a few times on the course.
I'm starting to get very nervous about the whole thing! There's a lot of "what if"s running through my head. What if it's raining and windy that day? What if my knee starts hurting 3 miles into the race? What if I'm not mentally prepared with all this time off? What if I can't make it? Ugh. I just want to do it and get it over with. I'm just going to take it easy, do a lot of stretching and icing, and start popping the ibuprofen. I am going to make it to that finish line!
No comments:
Post a Comment