The minus first...
I attempted a run on Saturday morning. I made it about one mile and I could feel my knee acting up. I decided not to push it and turned around and walked back. Very frustrating!
The plus...
I met with the PT yesterday. He stretched my quad out in a way that I am not able to stretch it on my own, and then he put me on the treadmill to try out the run. I ran for 10 minutes with no problems! He told me I could run as long as I wanted, which I could've kept going but I hate running on treadmills and staring at an orange wall while bouncing up and down was making me feel nauseous. So I called it a day. I'm going back tomorrow afternoon and he's going to stretch me out again, and then I'm going to head out for a run outside. I'm supposed to be doing 4 mile runs this week, so if I can get 4 miles in, I'll be so happy!
At the end of my session yesterday, I got hooked up to some electric stimulation machine. They put two electrodes on my leg and I sat there for 15 minutes while electric impulses went into my IT band. I'm not quite sure what it does...but I paide my $20 copay and I'll do anything it takes to get my leg better!
If I'm able to get my run in tomorrow, then I'm going to have to figure out some way to stretch my legs in a similar fashion at the PT does it because he won't be there come marathon morning! So we'll see. For now, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can get in some sort of running before May 3!
No comments:
Post a Comment