Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Make-up Day

I ran 2 miles yesterday to make up for the 2 I skipped on Tuesday. It was the best run ever....it went by so quickly. Keifer was able to go with me (anything longer than 2 miles is a bit much for him and his craziness), and he really seemed to enjoy it.

Today is the attempted 5 mile run. I don't know what it is about Thursday, but I usually can't do the whole 5 miles. My legs are just kinda done at this point in the week. Maybe the short little run yesterday will help that problem. Maybe it's something I should start doing every Wednesday....just a quick little run. I know Keifer would love it, and it fits in my schedule fine to still make it to dinner with the girls. Hmm...something to keep in mind. We'll see how today's run goes first before I jump to any conclusions.

Yesterday I was thinking about what my activities will be for the summer and I'm thinking if there's any time to take on the Olympic Distance Triathlon it would probably be this summer while I'm in good physical shape from the marathon. For those of you that don't know, I've been doing Sprint Distance Triathlons, which is a 750 meter swim, 12.4 mile bike, and 3.1 mile run. Basically, the Olympic Distance is double everything. We'll see what I can do. It is something I want to accomplish, and I might as well do it this summer if ever. Just another crazy thought in the non-athletic mind of Jessica Fuhrman...

No comments: