I ran 16 miles yesterday successfully. And actually, I did really well. I ran 10 minute miles and finished in just over 2 hours, 40 minutes (we actually ran 16.2 miles...and that includes short stops at stoplights and water stops). I was feeling really good. I can only hope I feel just as good when it comes time to run the marathon! If I could do 10 minutes miles I'd be very happy with that.
My body held up ok. My knees didn't hurt nearly as bad as last week. My IT band up near my hips were hurting, but nothing I couldn't handle.
I'm just really happy with how my run went and I hope all of my other long runs go just as well.
So maybe I should shoot for 3 short runs throughout the week instead of 2 5-milers. It seemed to do me well this week! I'll experiment with it again this week and see how Saturday goes. 18 miles, here I come!
No comments:
Post a Comment