And I'm back.
Sorry for the 2 week hiatus. I was on vacation. Not an actual go-somewhere vacation, but rather a mental vacation. Sadly, that vacation ended this morning at 8:15 am when I arrived at work.
My training program starts tomorrow at 6:30 pm! I'm so nervous. So so soooo nervous. What if I'm not ready? My last few runs have been pretty pathetic, which I think was due to the fact that I went skiing and was pretty sore for a couple days. My muscles were just tired during my runs, so I didn't get very far. I'm hoping the fact that we'll probably start off with a decently low mileage (I'm guessing 5-6 miles), will be fine for me to get back on track. Plus, I'm going to have lots of people running it with me, which will help with the motivation factor.
I'm really nervous because I have no idea what to expect for tomorrow. Are we going to go out for a run, or are they timing us tomorrow to see what groups we fit in to? I just don't know, which makes me nervous. I'm not doing any running today so that I am fresh for tomorrow. I'll take Keifer for a walk this evening, but that's going to be my only exercise.
So it all begins tomorrow. It's going to be a long 16 weeks, although by the end of it I'm sure I will say that it flew by. 16 weeks from this coming Sunday I will be running my first marathon. There's so much to do between now and then....I need to figure out what I'm going to wear (which involves getting a tshirt made with my name on it...of course), plan a bike route for Eric (and now Jennie) to ride to maximize the amount of time I have someone I know cheering for me during the marathon, and I am planning on dedicating each mile to someone in my life which I'm hoping will help me get through all 26 miles, so I need to figure that out as well. I got the idea from the book I just finished about running a marathon. The author wrote about how someone gave her the idea, and I like it...so I'm doing it. I already know that I will dedicate the last .2 miles to myself. It was my stupid idea that got me into this, and it will be myself that gets me to the finish line.
I'm starting a journal to keep tabs on my weight/measurements, food intake, and exercise log. I'm going to start doing a low-glycemic index eating approach. I did it last year and was really successful with it, so I'm going to hop back on that train again. Plus, it's supposed to provide you with more energy, which I desperately need. The meds aren't working great....I meet with my sleep doctor 2 weeks from today and when I talked to him a few days ago on the phone he mentioned getting me on a stimulant for some day-time energy. So hopefully all of these things will help my situation. I'm going to need all the energy I can get!
But I'm back...and there will be lots of blogging, I'm sure. My life is about to be consumed with running and all things training. 16 weeks seems like a long time...but I will make it. I can do this!
No comments:
Post a Comment