Let the 16-week training program begin!
I'm so unbelievable nervous...what if I'm the slowest person there (which is a completely crazy thought since there will be people who are training to WALK the whole marathon), what if I can't finish the first run, what if I'm the slowest runner? Ahh, so nervous. And to make matters worse, it's supposed to rain all afternoon and evening. I went and bought a cheap-o waterproof jacket yesterday because I noticed the rain was coming. I hate the sound it makes (swish swish swish), but hopefully it will keep me dry. The people in charge said they run in any type of weather (except major ice or snow where it's dangerous to run), which means I'm sure there will be running in the rain today. I'm interested to see how many people show up and what we will be doing today. I'm excited to get started, but very nervous for what is to come. The farthest I've ever run is 13.1 miles (maybe 13.3 if you count the small amount of running I did while aproaching the starting line at the start of the half marathon). I am going to be running that much basically half way through the program! It just seems a little crazy.
I'm hoping they give us the training schedule for the whole shabang today. I'm a big picture-type person. I like to plan. I really want to see what I'm up against for the next four months. Maybe I can ask for the whole training plan if they don't offer it. Maybe I'm just crazy for even asking for it. I'll admit it, I'm a crazy planner.
I just have to get through a few more hours of craziness and then it's running time. I'm sure I'm going to be exhausted by the time I get home. Unfortunately, I have a crazy dog waiting for me who will need to be exercised. I wish I had a dog park with beautiful green grass and no mud in my backyard. Stick a few dogs in there, and he would be happy as a clam. He's as cute as a button though and I wouldn't trade him for the world!
Alright, wish me luck....I'll post tomorrow with what happened in my first marathon training group experience!
No comments:
Post a Comment