It's been a rather rough week, hence why I haven't been writing.
I've been kinda burnt out on running, so I have taken the week off. I may get up and run in the morning, but I have not gone for a run since Saturday. I have been walking Keifer every day, so I am getting exercise in some form...but no running. I do not want to be completely burnt out before my training program starts! So I took the week off...which has worked out well because it's been a bummer of a week.
First of all, I haven't seen the sun at all this week. It's been cloudy, snowy, or rainy every single day. That has not helped my mood.
There was a tragedy at my church Wednesday night, which has been difficult to comprehend. For those of you reading this who don't live in the area, just go to wlwt.com or cincinnati.com and there should be an article right on the front page about an actress at a church Christmas show. Eric left work for a little bit to go to church with me last night, which helped a little. Ugh, I don't want to get into it on here. Anyways, the Christmas show at my church has been cancelled so that makes me sad as well. But considering what happened, it's understandable.
There's just been a bunch of sad stuff happening lately. Again, not going to get in to it...this is my running blog, after all. With all the sad stuff, and the really crappy weather, it just doesn't feel like a very merry Christmas season.
In more happy news, I have been reading a book titled, "The Nonrunner's Marathon Guide for Women: Get Off Your Butt and On With Your Training". The author is hilarious! The book has definitely put some smiles on my face this week. That, and I've been Christmas shopping/cookie making this week, which also puts a smile on my face. I think this is the first year where I've actually enjoyed getting gifts for people. I think it's because a) I actually have money and b) I have been in a huge baking mood lately.
In the most happiest news of all, today is my last day of work for 2 whole weeks!!!! Right now is a good time for this break. I will make the most of it for sure!
Today after work it's operation apartment clean-up. My parents are coming tomorrow, we have the first annual chili cook-off at Bill and Jennie's, and then I guess we're going to go see a movie in lieu of the Christmas show. I will hopefully be getting a run in tomorrow morning. At least 3 miles. That would be good.
No comments:
Post a Comment